Board of Directors
Accountable to our members and operationally transparent, we are proud to share key documents with our members and the public.
- FOCO By-Laws
- FOCO Annual General Meetings – coming soon
- Strategic Plan – coming soon
- Board Minutes (current year) – coming soon
- Board Minutes (archived) – coming soon
Collaborative by nature and focused on systemic change to benefit the voluntary sector, FOCO engages in research and activities to strengthen the sector and identify and reduce sector-related issues.
At the Same Table: the non-profit Sector in Nova Scotia (January 2012)
This report by Phoenix Youth Programs, in partnership with FOCO, details the results of focus groups and more than 20 interviews with leading experts across the country on best practices for the development of the non-profit sector in Nova Scotia.
This research study documents the defining characteristics of the nonprofit sector workforce and the challenges that exist related to human resource (HR) management in Nova Scotia.
2007 HR Forum – Report to Participants (June 2009)
In 2007 a forum was held within the Halifax Regional Municipality to identify the impact of the economic downturn on nonprofit/voluntary sector agencies.
Shared Services Project Report (April 2009)
Collaborative and innovative approaches to sector work as identified by the Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations.
Over the years we’ve collected a number of resources on strengthening the voluntary sector. Here’s a small sampling from our collection.
- A Framework for Action (April 2010) – Imagine Canada
- The Nonprofit Starvation Cycle (Fall 2009) – Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Heads Up Ontario! (2009) – Clutterbuck & Howarth, submitted to the Community Social Planning Council of Toronto
- The Greater Moncton Social Development Agencies (October 2008)
- Gathering of Counterparts (February 2008) – the Alberta Non-Profit/Voluntary Sector Initiative and the Canadian Federation of Voluntary Sector Networks
- Deliberate Relationships between Governments and the Non-Profit Sector/Voluntary Sector (January 2008) – Carter & Speevak Sladowski, Centre for Voluntary Sector Research and Development, Carlton University
- Creating High Impact Nonprofits (Fall 2007) – Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Bridging Public Investment and Social Value (Fall 2007) – the Social Economy and Sustainability Research Network